Sunday, May 2, 2010

Things That Make You Go "What?!"

First of all, I've gotta tell someone about the great deal I found on eBay and hopefully one of you can benefit.  I'm sure thousands of people have purchased the iPod Nano 5th generation because Costco's got it featured right at their entrance for months.  We bought one for Jordan for her birthday.  The deal I found is an accessory pack from RDStore on eBay.  OMG!!!  For $9.99 plus $3 shipping, we got a ridiculous 22-piece set of iPod covers (leather, silicone skins, hard clear plastic--about 10 in all?), USB cord with nifty retractable device, car charger, AC charger, 2 screen protectors, earphones, earphone SPLITTER (so two people can listen at once!), armband that fits some of the covers, and wriststrap.  Seriously, now Leonard wants an iPod and is using this set as his excuse, "Hey, why waste all those covers?!"  The quality is good, by the way.  Ordinarily you'd pay about $15 for a leather case alone at a retail store, or the same for a charger.  Even if you don't have a Nano 5th generation, check out the RDStore for other values.  Nope, I don't get commission.

Next I want to give you some good news from Dr. Mercola (usually the bearer of bad health news).  According to this article, pharmaceutical drug trials are inadvertently revealing a phenomenon: We may not need pharmaceutical drugs!  They've been finding the placebos becoming more and more effective.  In other words, more and more patients than ever are healing themselves taking a sugar pill, thinking they're taking the real thing. This made me laugh---score one for natural healing! 

Speaking of things unexplained, Jordan has been to Vegas just twice and twice she spun the $1000 on the Wheel of Fortune (both times on the first night!).  Meanwhile I've been playing slot machines for over 30 years and the most I've won at one pull was $750.  I wonder if slot machines are like our bodies?  Probably Jordan believes she can win so she does and I subconsciously don't believe I can win so I don't?  I guess my placebo frogs and clover keyring aren't working?!  *LOL*

By the way, check out the Society of Seven and Jasmine Trias at the Gold Coast.  We enjoyed their show.  It was reasonably priced plus we got "upgraded" to a better table just minutes before the show.  This was about the fifth time I've been to see SOS and they're always entertaining.  Seeing Jasmine perform was a bonus.  She's really grown as a performer since her AI days!

Lastly, I would like to give this public service suggestion: Snopes.com.   I get forwarded emails every day and have learned to check Snopes.com to confirm even those emails which state "confirmed by Snopes".   Or if you don't believe Snopes, there are other sites which investigate the astounding "facts" we learn every day online.  The reason I'm telling you this is because not only are we doing a disservice to others by perpetuating false info, but I find myself wanting to tell the sender that the info is false.  I often do tell them, but in some cases I hesitate because I hate to burst their bubble.  Take for instance the email about treating heart attacks by coughing.  I was happy that the sender cared enough to send me that information, but when I checked Snopes and another source, found that the info was wrong and may harm instead of help.  I debated whether or not to inform the sender, because maybe next time he won't send me helpful information.  Of course I had to let him know since I didn't want him to use false information. 

So please check everything you find online that seems too wonderful to be true.  Sometimes it IS true, sometimes it's partly true, and sometimes just plain old wrong.  By the way, the bar of soap in your sheets does work to prevent leg cramps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and appreciate comments because it's great to know someone is reading. Thank you!

SEO posters: All comments are moderated for spam content so please don't waste your time placing irrelevant links.