Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cooking Kauai Sis

Happy Thanksgiving from Kauai! See my previous blog below for some reasons to be thankful in case you can't think of enough. This is just a short blog because I have to start preparing for tomorrow. In case anyone cares, I'll be cooking/baking the following for our lunch get together tomorrow:

Shrimp/fishcake age (tempura)--I love making this. Chopped up shrimp, kamaboko, and green onions in a batter and dropped into oil. Yumm-o!

Barbequed Pork Ribs--I may not be crazy about Star Jones from the View, but I do thank her for telling us that the best way to prepare ribs is to simply season, cover tightly in foil, and bake for an hour...then marinade w/ sauce and grill or bake. I like to use guava jam and honey with a bottled hickory sauce.

Skewered Veggies--We're having a cook-out and skewered marinated vegetables are fun to prepare. Macadamia nut oil, Bragg's and garlic powder should be good.

Pumpkin Crunch--Our favorite holiday dessert! I'm going to use both the usual Yellow Cake Mix topping, but will try one section using wheat-free baking mix.

There are just six of us, but we'd better eat for 20 cuz we'll have enough food for that many. The dishes I'm preparing is just one-third of what we're having!

I want to write a longer post later, but in the meantime, I want to say:

While you're spending time thinking of what you have to be thankful for, please also look at how you got them. If you find yourself being thankful for a LOT, it doesn't necessarily mean you're a virtuous person for being thankful. It could also mean you have to step back and see if, in having all this "good stuff", you didn't step on others to get them. Do you consider how others feel or are you mostly just "on the take"? If you find yourself having to thank someone for a multitude of things, you may be taking advantage of them! Simply saying "thank you" may not be enough. After turkey, leave some room to digest these thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and appreciate comments because it's great to know someone is reading. Thank you!

SEO posters: All comments are moderated for spam content so please don't waste your time placing irrelevant links.